.

.

Danger lurks around every corner...

Danger lurks around every corner...

Sunday, September 30, 2018

The First Dead Frontier 2 Video!

Welp... supposed to get this done yesterday, but oh well...

Finally; the first ever Dead Frontier 2 video that I've recorded thus far. Pretty long, but that's because I chose the worst building to enter for my first time in DF2.


Worst way to die, period.

And now, the explanations...

So what took me +3 weeks to get just one video out? Well, turns out I ran into some "technical difficulties" when I finally had some free time to do the video edits/processing; the damn software ran into some errors that took me quite a handful of work to get it fixed.

See, I'm no longer using Windows Movie Maker for my edits... it's great, and provided me with the basics that I needed. But it also has a major drawback: constant crashing/lags and a significant drop in video quality once processed, no matter how much you adjust.

Been using another software, it's been a pleasure to use thus far.

It does hang/crash occasionally, but it at least it's not like... for every 30 minutes or so. Plus, I can do plenty of other stuff that I can't do over at WMM... it's just a massive upgrade for me.

Anyways, the problem that I ran into prevents me from even launching the software... so figuring out the problem is much more tougher there. Too many days spent doing nothing but searching for solutions online, making sure they're legit and not outdated.

I could just use WMM back again for video processing, but I'd rather not suffer through the pain I had from previous uses just for that.

Found the solution at last, but it requires adjusting some other software that the video editing software uses. No problem there...

...except that it broke plenty of other things instead. *sigh*

Well then, now we got a multitude of other software problems to handle. Plenty of re-installs and restarts later, everything seems to be working as intended. But that's not the end of it...

Nvidia decided to fuck up for some reason, preventing me from using it's 'record current game/program' feature. Then we got the computer's fan 'software problem' to fix as well...

These past two weeks has been a pain. I felt like a damn tech support, except I have questions, but I had to find the solutions myself and also fix them. At least everything's back to normal again... I hope.

Aaannd by then, it's already the 29th of September. Took about 3-4 hours to get this video processed, and was already late in the night [or early in the morning?] at 4 AM. Time to hold off the post till tomorrow, then...

And then here we are! Video processed, uploaded to YouTube, and blog post is done, with added rant at the end, too...

Well, all just in time before September ends. No need for anyone to wake me up for that [props if you get the reference!] There's still another two videos left, but I'm not sure I want to post them here, let alone process and upload them; they're just me going through the starting areas, doing simple missions.

Yeah, I think it's better if I upload something else instead... maybe boss fights. I've been leveling up pretty steadily since the video, so it could work out. Can't promise on whether they'll actually be done, though...

Wow, that's quite the wall-o-text I've got here... I think that's enough for now. Stay tuned for an update, but since the busy period's back, it'll probably be a while before another post drops...

-Lonesome Survivor-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revolver - Working In Background Revolver